Sensory Integration Therapy
Our journey begins with…
Tailoring Sensory Processing Therapy for Every Child’s Unique Needs
No detail is too small; we recognize that the vestibular, proprioceptive, and tactile systems are highly nuanced and can profoundly impact a child’s behavior and development.
Navigating Movement and Balance
The vestibular system, comprised of the intricate semicircular canals in the inner ear, registers movement in various planes. Challenges in this area can manifest in behaviors such as:
- Experiencing car sickness
- Sitting down when crossing a door threshold
- Constantly seeking or avoiding swinging activities
- Poor balance
- Difficulty changing head position (e.g., washing hair) or maintaining it
- Fear of heights or climbing
Nurturing Strength and Coordination
The proprioceptive system, housed within our muscles, allows us to move with purpose. Issues in this area might result in the behaviors of your child like:
- Displays weakness and fatigue easily
- Intentionally bumps and crashes into objects
- Stomps feet on the ground
- Constantly chews on items
- Holds pencil either too tightly or too lightly, resulting in messy written work
- Engages in kicking, banging, hitting, or biting behaviors
- Stabilizes against furniture or adults
- Exhibits clumsiness and frequently drops objects
- Locks joints to maintain posture
Navigating the World Through Touch
The tactile system, the body’s first line of communication with the environment, processes sensations related to touch, pressure, temperature, and pain. Challenges here might lead:
- Avoids showing affection, such as hugs
- Struggles with standing in line
- Dislikes holding objects
- Explores using mouth rather than hands
- Touches people or objects excessively
- Reacts aggressively when touched by others
- Has sensitivities to clothing
- Displays picky eating habits
- Tends to be a loner, isolating from others
- Resists change
- Either overreacts to pain or doesn’t notice injuries
Your First Appointment
We’ll go through multiple assessments with you and your child and create a goal-based treatment plan and home programming regimen in order to put your child on a positive path forward.
Read What Our Clients Are Saying
Schedule an Appointment Today
We strive to answer your questions, address the issues you are facing, and enhance the quality of your life. Everyone’s treatment varies because we are all different. Your individualized treatment will always be structured to meet 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 needs and enhance 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 wellness.
Healing Insights and Therapeutic Wisdom
Retained reflexes may be caused by c-sections, birth trauma, chronic ear infections, lack of tummy time, delayed or skipped crawling.
Navigating the journey with a baby experiencing sensory challenges is like to riding a roller...
In the intricate tapestry of childhood development, each thread contributes to the whole, weaving...